|“||Wildlife spotting on the site that was formerly the grounds of Sir John Ramsden’s mansion||”|
- Manor Road LA13 0PJ
- See birds such as dippers, great spotted woodpeckers, jays or tawny owls. The woodlands floor is coloured with bluebells and fallen leaves.
How to get there
- Car : Travel along Abbey Road (the road leading to Dalton). Follow the signs to Furness Abbey. Turn right with the abbey on your left. Just past the ruin, there are footpaths leading above the abbey.
- Bus : Route 6. Board from Stop A on Furness Building Society side at Town Hall Bus Interchange. Disembark at the bus stop opposite Abbey House Hotel. Abbey Approach is to the left of the hotel. Walk through the Grade II Listed Abbey Approach Gateway and down the hill. Walk pass the ruin where there are footpaths leading above the abbey.
- Train : Travel to Roose Station. Walk/cycle along the scenic 2 mile Abbey Greenway. Arriving at the Abbey Mill Coffee Shop, turn right up the hill. Just past the ruin, there are footpaths leading above the abbey.
- Attractions : Furness Abbey, Bow Bridge
- Food : Abbey Mill Coffee Shop. At start of Abbey Greenway, adjacent to the abbey
- Accommodation : Abbey House Hotel, Abbey Road