|“||Former sandstone quarry which is a great place to enjoy the great outdoors||”|
- Schneider Road LA14 5ER
- A large grassed area it is a destination for picnics, walking the dog, fun with the family and exploring the local wildlife.
How to get there
- Car : Travel along Abbey Road (the road leading to Dalton). At the traffic lights outside Barrow Park, turn left onto Ainslie Road. At the Devonshire Road roundabout, continue straight ahead onto Schneider Road. Park in the carpark next to the playing fields. Cross the road, walk up St Francis Gardens next to the church. The kissing gate leads into the reserve.
- Bus : Route 3. Board from Stop B on Furness Building Society side at Town Hall Bus Interchange. Disembark at the bus stop opposite the church. Walk up St Francis Gardens next to the church. The kissing gate leads into the reserve.
- Train : From Barrow station, turn right onto Holker Street walking infront of the disused Kwik Save store. At the end of Holker Street is the football club where you turn right crossing the railway line. On the left is the Ormsgill Reservoir. Walk around the reservoir and the adjacent playing field. This leads to Schneider Road Cross the road, walk up St Francis Gardens next to the church. The kissing gate leads into the reserve.
- Attractions : Ormsgill Reservoir, How Tun Wood
- Food : Schneider Road store
- Accommodation : None near the Reserve