|“||A wonderful refuge for water birds||”|
- Schneider Road LA14 5ER
- This well-known refuge for water-birds attracts flocks of pochard, tufted duck, mergansers and nesting swans and grebes.
How to get there
- Car : Travel along Abbey Road (the road leading to Dalton). At the traffic lights outside Barrow Park, turn left onto Ainslie Road. At the Devonshire Road roundabout, continue straight ahead onto Schneider Road. Continue along pass the reservoir and use the carpark next to the playing fields.
- Bus : Route 3. Board from Stop B on Furness Building Society side at Town Hall Bus Interchange. The reservoir is next to the 1st bus stop on Schneider Road.
- Train : From Barrow station, turn right onto Holker Street walking infront of the disused Kwik Save store. At the end of Holker Street is the football club where you turn right crossing the railway line. The reservoir is on the left.
- Attractions : Ormsgill Quarry
- Food : Schneider Road store
- Accommodation : None near the Reserve