|“||Impressive ruins of a 14th-century castle||”|
- Piel Island LA13 0QN
- Ferry crossing hours : Easter to September 11am-5pm
Ferry Return Fares
- Adults : £5
- 5-15 year olds : £3
How to get there
- Car : Travel along the Coast Road (A5087) towards Ulverston. At the Rampside roundabout, continue straight ahead to Roa Island. Park in the free carpark next to the yacht club. Walk down to the end of the road where the ferry departs from.
- Bus : Route 11. Board from Stop D outside Wilkos at Town Hall Bus Interchange. Disembark at the Roa Island bus stop. Walk down to the end of the road where the ferry departs from.
- Train : Barrow station is 5 miles away from Roa Island. Need to use bus or cycle.
- Cycle : Follow Westfield Trail to Rampside. At the end of the path, turn right to the end of the road where the ferry departs from.
- Attractions : Ship Inn
- Food : Ship Inn, Piel Island. Bosun's Locker Cafe, Roa Island
- Accommodation : Ship Inn and camping on Piel Island